Sunday, June 8, 2014

Soul Mates





I just dropped my "baby" Cailee off at Camp Willow Run for the first time. It will be the first time she has been away from us for a week. The most she has been away is about 3 or 4 days but that was with Mimi so, she was not responsible for her own care. I could not help but giggle a little when I noticed on the "chore" chart that her cleaning duty for tomorrow is toliets! Man, I love this camp already! LOL! Cailee, however, was not amused! She is growing up so fast.....and turning into a beautiful young lady. While we were packing the subject of modesty came up....one of many conversations that I will have with her about boys....oh my! (hang in there...the point is coming!)


The theme this summer at Camp Willow Run is "For the King" and is based off a wonderful scripture...the Faithfully Fit girls should know it...1 Corinthians 10:31.."So whether you eat or drink; or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." They are learning about what it looks like to live "for the King"...I wonder if the subject of being modest will be a part of that? I wonder if I am living my life as an example of what it looks like to live for the King? How do we live "for the King?" Hmmm, sounds like a lesson worth repeating.
I think that the answer is simple....to live for the King, you must be in love with the King. That's right, not just love the King, but be in love with the King.



Let's review. John 3:16 says " For God so LOVED the world that He gave His one and only son, that whosoever believes in Him, will not perish, but have eternal life." God LOVES you, and me, and Cailee, and Jodie, and the world!  He completes us. I love my husband very much, but does he complete me? Not the way Jesus does... and the best part? Justin is ok with it! Living for the King means to be in love with the King...for He is already in love with us. For God is our "soul mate" and He will love us more than any human on Earth ever could. And a good husband...or boyfriend......will not look to "complete" a girl. He will be a man of great character, who wants to share life together, working for God...for God is his soul mate too!

So, as I pray for my Cailee this week, I will pray that she will learn to do everything, to live, "for the King". That she will fall in love with Jesus and that He alone will make her complete. That she will one day find a mate who is complete in Christ and that they will serve Him together. That she will repeat her love for Christ daily and learn to not repeat mistakes. That she will know - have a heart knowledge - of John 3:16.

As I was walking away towards the jeep, this verse was posted at the exit of the camp...

JOY! I have Joy that Jesus is mine! And I have more Joy that Jesus is available to all!
Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment