Wednesday, August 6, 2014

She Speaks - Shut up!

It has been about a week and a half since Jodie and I returned from She Speaks and I am still finding it difficult to put into words all that God taught me there. For me, there were times of laughter, times of tears, and times of growth. It was a combination of pure joy and pure discipline - both provided by a loving Father who wants only the best for me.

I went to She Speaks with all intentions of it being about learning how to grow and do the ministry of Faithfully Following (and Faithfully Fit) but I came away with so much more. Now for those of you who supported us, thank you, and please know that God taught me a lot about how to minister to others. But He did it in a way I did not expect. He reminded me over and over again that in order to effectively minister to those around me...that I must believe in me...that I must trust Him to do a work in me that I can then share with you. He reminded me that I have a story to tell and that He loves me...because I am me!


See, I don't have a tragic life story to tell you. I am a "good church girl" - if you will - and Satan wants me to think that my story is not important. But, I stand redeemed by the blood of the Lamb and I am made whole through Him. And God taught me at She Speaks that if I am not me, then I rob the world from seeing the unique piece of God's glory that is found in me. For God tells me in His word (and He tells you too!) that:

I am His Beloved.
Jeremiah 31:3

I am a Child of God
1 John 3:1

I am Heaven's Poetry
Ephesians 2:10

I am Forgiven
 1 Peter 2:24

I am whole in Christ
Colossians 2:10

I am Never Alone
Deuteronomy 31:8

I am an Exquisite Fragrance
2 Corinthians 2:15

I am Free
Galatians 5:1
(shared with permission from Proverbs 31 Ministries)

So, God speaks to me saying...
Shut-up. 
Shut-up the voice of Satan in your mind and heart for he has already been defeated.
 Shut -up what the world will say that you are...and follow the Truth..found only through Me.
Shut-up those who say you don't have a testimony because you do - without a tragedy but with the same amount of victory!! 
Shut- up negative thoughts about yourself - do not beat yourself up about what you are not...bring what you are!!!

So,  now She Speaks.....Shut-up! And bring it!
~Donna


No comments:

Post a Comment