Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Freely Singing!

As I rode to class Monday morning there was a song on my heart...
I will sing, sing, sing. I will shout, shout, shout. I will sing. I will shout. Praise the Lord!

Often there is a song on my heart.
Since I was a little girl I have listened to music. I can still remember how to sing the theme song from "Picture Pages" with Bill Cosby,"picture pages, picture pages, open up your picture pages. Time to get your crayons and your pencils" and that Cookie Monster says, "cookie, cookie, cookie starts with C"! My love for music did not stop at a young age, it continued into my teen years as I would listen to the "Hot 9 at 9" and into adulthood as I would sing along to the radio (loudly!).

All kinds of music appeal to me. You name it. Country, Rock, Gospel, Classical, Top 40.
But during a women's ministry event led by Nancy Leigh DeMoss I felt convicted by the Lord to lay aside all the worldly music I was listening to and turn my ear to music that would direct my attention to the Lord. I wanted badly to listen to the Lord's call and one day as I was riding in my mini-van turning the dial on the radio listening for a new music choice I said, "Lord, I know you want me to do this. Please help me find a station that is pleasing to you". AND THERE IT WAS! His Radio was just becoming audible in our area, although still a little fuzzy. And it has been my radio station of choice ever since.

I truly believe that music speaks to our hearts and minds and that it can mold our thinking. God's Word instructs, "Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable--if anything is excellent or praiseworthy--think about such things." (Phil 4:8) I know that is why God led me to change my choice of music. The things I listened to prior to changing the dial were of worldly ways and often sinful. When I tune into music that praises the Lord I find my heart and mind singing praises to the One who loves me. Inspired and encouraged. Now as I sing along to the radio I sing for Joy! And that Joy stays in my heart throughout the day!
"Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth." Psalm 96:1

This spring during our Faithfully Fit sessions we are FREE! We are continuing our tradition of free faith and fitness classes. We are celebrating women coming together freely to pray together, study
God's Word together and work out together without fear of judgment. We are also celebrating the freedom we have in Christ when we trust Him to break the chains of sin that otherwise bind us if we choose to live life without Jesus. We are studying songs of praise, songs of worship and praying that it leads us to be free of all that weighs us down from day to day.

This week I am sharing one of my favorite hymns.
It Is Well with My Soul
Come and join us to see why this hymn is so special to me. For those who are unable to join us I will share just this little bit. During a very difficult journey in my life as I was coming out of the valley and climbing the mountain again God placed this hymn on my heart and I knew God was with me always!
Sing with me, Jodie


 


No comments:

Post a Comment