Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Heart Treaures

The treasures of your heart. What are they?
Love.
The love of Jesus.
The love of a husband, a son, a daughter.
These are my "heart treasures".
It hasn't always been in this order.
Oh, the things I missed.
But not this morning.
This morning the treasures of my heart were stored in just the most perfect order and my heart sings JOY.
Sleep in my eyes, there is a little chill in the air as I wake and take a walk to the kitchen, feed the cat, and start the coffee. Settling in my chair, coffee warming my hands...the Word begins filling my heart with warmth. It's the greatest moment of the day, drawing near to the One who loves best.
Two Sunday's ago my sixteen year old daughter discovered 1 Corinthians 13 as we listened together in church. (There was a mommy joy moment when I watched her write down a verse reference.) But here in my chair, just me and the Man who walks on water. There is something sweet that is to be tasted. Cherished. Treasured. I am His. God is good. Store that is your heart, make God's love your HEART TREASURE.

The treasures of your heart. What are they?
The Book tells us not to store up things that thieves and moths destroy.
Oh how I have wasted so much space and time on things of this world. (Matthew 6:19-21)
The things of heaven.
There are the things to be treasured.
And as I turn the pages of the Word the treasures fill my heart and mind and make me rich with all that is there to be enjoyed and savored. I read. I ponder. My heart tears. It opens to be filled, to be spilled. I am forced into conversation, my Friend awaits, my Father is near. He is there for you also, there is more of Him than there is of us. Seek Him with you heart. Look for heart treasures.
The treasures of your heart. What are they?

This past Sunday sitting between my son and my daughter at church. Eighteen and sixteen, how did this happen? My heart is overwhelmed with thanksgiving. Sunday. Surrounded by my church family, the beautiful children God loaned me...treasures! The treasures of the Lord abound, store them in your heart. Trust that even when you are experiencing trails you can cling to your heart treasures and be rich with Joy.
I am currently reading a book called "Kisses from Katie, A Story of Relentless Love and Redemption". Before retiring to bed last night I read Chapter 14. Katie is wise beyond her years. At eighteen year of age she moved to Uganda feeling God's call on her life to be a missionary. She has adopted 13 girls at the time of this book and writes,
"By most people's standards, my little family does not have much, but we have more than enough. And we know in our hearts that, really, Christ is all we need.... Serving Jesus and my family with all of me, that is my treasure."
 
The treasures of your heart. What are they?
Join me today in storing up treasures in heaven...Heart Treasures.
Jodie
 
“Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moths and vermin destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also." Matthew 6:19-21

No comments:

Post a Comment