Monday, March 10, 2014

Lessons in Radiance: The woman at the well

My vision is not good.

.....but then I am reminded that I should see things through God's eyes and not mine. (2 Corinthians 5:7)

          My heart struggles with living in this world.

 .....but then I am reminded that I am not of this world but that I belong to Him. (John 17:14-22)

          My head is fighting my heart to give up and quit.

                                                  .....but then I am reminded to "stand firm" in the work of the Lord. 
                                                                                     (1 Corinthians 15:58)


The story of the woman at the well is simple. It is about confronting who we really are, truly experiencing God's grace, and then sharing the Good News. (John 4: 5-42)

Simple...right? Some days yes and some days...no. The hardest part? Being human and trying to "please" people while ultimately serving the Lord without compromise. Maybe I need to spend a bit more time looking at the woman at the well and basking in God's grace, letting Him cover me. 
My joy is fading and then God reminds me of a simple lesson that I learned as a little girl. A song embedded deep in my heart.

My 4 year old girl is dancing her first dance recital to a familiar song...."This Little Light of Mine". 
We all know it...
"This little light of mine, I'm gonna let it shine....
Hide it under a bushel, no, I'm gonna let it shine.....
Don't let Satan blow it out, I'm gonna let it shine, let it shine, let it shine"

But her song is a bit different. It is by a group called Addison Road. Please join me in listening...


"There will be days when you want to give up
When the clouds settle in
But after the rain comes the sun
Don’t you ever forget

One day there will be no more pain
And we will finally see Jesus’ face
So until then I’m gonna to try
To brave the dark and let my little light shine"








When the world and all the people in it are bringing you down...
 LET IT SHINE
When Satan is trying to steal your joy.... 
LET IT SHINE. 
When you are confronted with who you really are, hold on to God's grace and....
 LET IT SHINE.

Do you want to be radiant?
Let it Shine!!!

~Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment