Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Stumbling to Stand

Today I stumbled across a familiar verse of scripture, one we have used in Faithfully Fit. I sat to spend time with Jesus and I stumped my toe on the Word he placed in my path.
Ouch. Had I really forgotten so soon after committing the verse to memory? Perhaps.
Perhaps because I banked it as a memory, rather than making it a heart commitment.

I READ. The devotion laid before me, then chapter two of Philippians.
I SEE. Jesus before me in these verses.
"he made himself nothing
    by taking the very nature of a servant"

"he humbled himself
    by becoming obedient to death
        even death on a cross!"

All this, without complaining, He did. Washed the feet, walked the miles, feed the thousands. Without complaining. Listened to the doubts, the ridicule, the accusations. Without arguing. All the way to the cross without complaining, without arguing. Jesus.

He had love, love with a goal.

Do I have a goal? While I am stumbling in this world to stand, do I see the finish line?
His goal, to show God's love, that all may see, know, trust and have eternal life.
I go back to the verse that stumped my toe. I look before, I look after.

"for it is God who works in you to will and to act in order to fulfill his good purpose.
14 Do everything without grumbling or arguing, 15 so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation.” Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky 16 as you hold firmly to the word of life. And then I will be able to boast on the day of Christ that I did not run or labor in vain."

God does the work, yet I must be reminded not to grumble.
And the gift, see the gift....To be children of God, to shine for Him. To shine for Him in a warped and crooked generation.
Timeless...as chemicals are being used against His children and those without Him are perishing daily. His Word is timeless.

If I must stumble to stand, let me stumble on His Word.

Without a grumble or an argument, let me do everything for Him.

For His glory, that others may see,
Jodie





No comments:

Post a Comment