Monday, September 9, 2013

A Jog Around the Track

A cool fall night. I stretch and wait for a friend to arrive. A jog around the track is in order.

It was a long day. Housework, office work, volleyball game, meetings...I really just wanted to crash.
Thankfully my friend said, "I am sitting here, dressed and ready". Just enough encouragement to keep me headed to the track! My body needs this, my mind needs this, it is good.
We hit the track full speed ahead, a few brisk walking laps to get the juices going. We commence to talk. Isn't that what all ladies do around the track? She has been in a place I am now entering, she offers an ear, kind advice, encouragement. We pick up the pace.

We push to run. We are training. There is a race the end of this month and we are slated to participate. We push to run. We continue our conversations. Talk of children, school, fundraising, God. We don't overlook God. Not tonight. In fact, most of the time when I am near this friend the talk does not overlook our Jesus. I smile at the thought.

We lose count of the laps; each one happy to take the others count when it is higher than their own. We continue the talk until the last sprint when we just push to run as hard as we can and then we slow down to just breathe. We almost leave. But there is more pressing on our hearts and so we talk a moment more. Isn't that what all ladies do?

I listen. It's a trained attribute for me. I must remember to listen. God places wisdom before me and I must listen. I hear. I get excited. I understand. The night ends with one Jesus girl saying to the other, I find He speaks to me over and over. Yes, Yes! He does. He speaks because we are listening. He speaks because we knock. He speaks because He said He would and we are in a relationship with Him! Right where He is...in the Word. We open the Word and we look there, we enter into prayer and we hear Him speak.
A cool fall night. I am now sweaty (beautiful). I am encouraged. I feel invigorated. I am thankful for a friend. I am thankful for Jesus. I am thankful for a jog around the track.

Jodie

If you are in need of a friend, encouragement, prayer, wisdom from the Word....Faithfully Fit has what you are looking for....all ladies are invited to join us!
"My goal is that they may be encouraged in heart and united in love, so that they may have the full riches of complete understanding, in order that they may know the mystery of God,
namely, Christ"
Col 2:2

No comments:

Post a Comment