Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Blown Away!

Most Wednesdays we give a challenge. Just a little encouragement to stretch ourselves further in our faith and fitness endeavors. When I started to write today's challenge it was no different than any other Wednesday. I had an idea. I began the research and then I was BLOWN AWAY!
God does that sometime.
Sometime to let me know that I am on the right track, sometime to let me know that He has other plans and sometime to remind me that He is awesome!

I set out to explore a song and to challenge you to do the same.
For those who have never worked out with this stitched together bunch we call Faithfully Fit let me take a moment to tell you about the music we use to work out. It's not just music. It doesn't just have the right beat. It has a message. A message to direct our minds, thoughts, praises and conversation toward Christ! Our first song this session is called Build Your Kingdom Here by Rend Collective Experiment.
It's catchy...it sticks in your head...it has twang. After hearing it a few times in class I heard it on the radio. I turned it up, I rolled down the windows of my orange jeep, and I listened.
I listened and I got excited. I was blown away!
Blown away by the meaning I heard in the lyrics. I knew had scripture backing! Scripture from the Word of God was flowing through this song. I wanted to run to my bible and find a verse for each line! I shouldn't be surprised. Much thought and time goes into the selection of each song. But this morning God BLEW ME AWAY as I studied.

First I wanted to see the lyrics. Then I looked at the artists behind the song. I found this as I read their bio:

We’re all handmade people created by our God who is not safe or small,” Gareth shares. “Our heart was ultimately to make music that was sonically creative and pushed the boundaries, but we also wanted to write something that really served the Church. It’s not us trying to do something crazy and different for crazy and different’s sake, it’s our response to a truly magnificent God with a wild imagination.” - Rend Collective

And then I listened to their story (http://rendcollective.com/bio/) and I had tears and a heart swelling with praise to God. The God they sing for, is the God I sing for and they see, they see the need for UNITY. They see God's people and they see the need for unity. They see the body of Christ joined as ONE to worship Christ.

And then they collectively do something!
My challenge was going to be study the lyrics of a song and search the Bible for it's backing. But it is now changed. I challenge us to see the need for unity, to join as one and worship Christ! Let Christ set your heart ablaze with hope.........and then Share it with ALL that they may be ONE in Christ!

"We seek your kingdom first
We hunger and we thirst
Refuse to waste our lives
For you're our joy and prize
To see the captive hearts released
The hurt; the sick; the poor at peace
We lay down our lives for heaven's cause
We are your church
We pray revive
This earth"  ~Rend Collective, Build Your Kingdom Here
 
Blown Away~ Jodie




No comments:

Post a Comment