Tuesday, August 27, 2013

New Fall Session Begins....Next Week!

Every new session of Faithfully Fit starts with a "light bulb" moment! We never know where or when the light bulb will light up in our head, but when it happens...watch out! We start spinning off ideas, coming up with scripture, music, theme ideas, new logos...the works! This Fall 2013 session is
All Stitched Up
And like all new sessions we kick it off with a PARTY!
This party just happens to be our 3rd Birthday Party
All ladies are invited to:
Calvary Baptist Church Fellowship Hall
1405 Bolling Road, Roanoke Rapids NC
Tuesday, September 3rd 6-8pm
Fun, Games, Prayer, Devotion, Fellowship, Finger-foods
 
AND in case you are wondering why an exercise group looks more like sewing group this fall, here's why:
The Importance of the Knot
I cannot sew. OK, well let me expand on that. I can sew on buttons, I can sew up holes in stuffed animals, and I can make a mean pillow; but, I cannot sew. My grandma could sew anything and I do have lots of memories of standing in her kitchen, cutting out patterns, marking things with pins and trying things on over and over again. She always had her tomato pin cushion nearby and she would hold the pins in the corners of her mouth and tell me not to move or I would get stuck. Of course, we liked to play with the chalk line puffer thing – I think it was to mark a hem line? - all I know is that I could blow chalk on stuff! Grandma did teach me to make pillows one day, but that was about the extent of my sewing “career”. I even took a class at the community college with one of my dear friends after we both got married and well, that was the ugliest dress I have ever seen! But I did learn one thing, if you do not have a knot in the end of your thread, the stitch will pull right through. I found a saying while we were brainstorming for fall session and it goes a little something like this: “The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted”
So, why all the talk about sewing? What exactly does that have to do with Faithfully Fit or with the Bible? Hmm, I am glad you “asked”!
Ephesians 4:4-6 says this:
There is one body and one Spirit—just as you were called to the one hope when you were called— one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all, who is over all and through all and in all.”

One.....One! One Body. One Spirit. One Lord. One Faith. One Baptism. One God. One Father. One. Unity. Together. Purpose. See we have a lot of different churches/religions in this world. But what we need to know and stand on is that there is but One God! Faithfully Fit brings together all those churches for a purpose...to spread the gift of Jesus. The gift of eternal Life that was given for the whole world – John 1:29 says:
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world.”

Jesus is the knot! When we try to repair or “stitch” a lost and dying world without the knot then the whole stitch is lost. When we try to “stitch” with multiple knots, it becomes a tangled mess. But when we come together as ONE and focus on making sure that the knot is tied and is the same, then at the end we have a beautiful “dress”, if you will. We can reach people for Christ without a line drawn of backgrounds. We can love the sinner but hate the sin. We need to stand up in unity, make our voices heard as the people of God.....One Body. One spirit, One Lord, One Faith, One Baptism. One God. One Father. One KNOT.
Looking forward to becoming ONE with you!
Donna

 


 

1 comment: