Thursday, June 26, 2014

The Power of Words

Words.
We use them everyday.
We speak them.
We type them. 
We think them.




But do we always take time to analyze our words? Do we realize that there are times when words can make or break a person? Did God intend for us to use them as weapons or for His glory?

I have heard and seen a lot of words this week that have been good; as well as, bad. I have seen people break down the Kingdom through words and I have seen the Kingdom built up because of words...all within a matter of 7 days. So, in honor of our summer of repeating I decided to share a little about Peter...again. For those of you who may not have been around when we studied the disciples in Faithfully Fit, Peter was known as the disciple with the "foot-shaped" mouth. Yep... you read that right. He was always sticking his foot in his mouth. Words...ugh!
In Matthew 16:16, we find Peter speaking some powerful words.."You are the Messiah, the Son of the living God!" But in no time when Jesus began speaking about His destiny and what He must do to fulfill God's plan, we find Peter rebuking the very Messiah (Matthew 16:22). Peter's words became a stumbling block and a product of the kingdom of darkness.
Psalm 34:13 says this "Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from deceitful speech." My husband, Justin, said it best this week - For Christ has offered us more grace than we will ever be able to understand, so why as Christians are we not offering that same grace to others?
Words.
So what are you gonna do with your words today?
What are you gonna do with the words that you heard or spoke this week?


Well, I am going to move past those "not so good" words and focus on this...17 kids coming to know Jesus as their Lord and Savior this week because they heard THE WORD! 
But more than that..one of them just so happened to be my baby boy, Austin.

As I sat in our living room last night, I listened as my husband and my son talked about Jesus and then I listened as my son prayed to accept Jesus as his Lord and Savior and I thought...ahhh such beautiful words!
As Christians, may the words of our mouths match what Jesus has done in our hearts..so that we can be the Jesus that people need to see.
 ~ Donna

No comments:

Post a Comment