Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Seek with a Whole Heart

The house is quiet on this first morning of 2014. Time is on my side today and I lay with my Bible to seek the King. The hunters cleared out early this morning to take in the last day of the season, those who stayed up late to ring in the New Year sleep away on this first morning of 2014. I treasure the quiet. I seek to see the King in all His glory.
There are still a few decorations from Christmas remaining in my home. The tree in the living room stands fully decorated and as I pass I see the star, the one with Jesus.
The wise men are there. Seeking.
And I am reminded.
Reminded of years that I spent seeking other kings, chasing other things.
And I seek the truth to learn.
First, the wise men asked direction. "...Where is the one who has been born the king of the Jews?" Matt. 2:2
They asked with great purpose. "We have seen the star in the east and have come to worship Him."
 
Jeremiah 29:12 details the posture of seeking that we should take saying, "You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart." Seeking with all my heart. Looking with everything I am, searching for the King as the wise men did the night they saw the star. They were not emptied handed. They carried their treasures with them and presented them to the King when their search was over. I think it was more than a gift, the Word refers to them as "treasures". Could it be that they laid down their treasures in worship, presenting their whole heart to the One they were seeking?
 
We may not have a star shining in the East to guide us toward Jesus. But we do have guidance and direction from the One who promises to listen. Jeremiah says that
when
we call
when
we pray
He WILL listen. (Jer. 29:12)
And Jeremiah gives us confirmation that just as the wise men found the Lord so too will those who seek Him with their whole heart. (Jer. 29:13-14)
In the quiet of my house this morning, I seek.
In the sunrise of the morning, I seek.
In the truth of the Word, I seek.
Seek to see, to taste, to feel the King.
With my whole heart I seek, that I may lay my treasures down and worship.
 
In winter session 2014 of Faithfully Fit we will seek. We will gather together many times a week to strengthen our faith and fitness. And we will seek. We will seek the one who makes us RADIANT.
"I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from my fears. Those who look to him are radiant; their faces will never be covered in shame."
Psalm 34:4-5
All ladies are invited to join us. Begin seeking Him in the quiet of your home, in the still of your heart. Then join us as we fellowship, prayer and have devotion to continue the search of the One who takes away the fears, the One who answers, the One who listens, the One...the only One true King!
Happy New Year ladies ~ Jodie
 

No comments:

Post a Comment